Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wednesday spotlight: Paper Piecing

So I'm finally getting to posting tonight. I had quite a busy day and didn't think I was going to have time to stamp tonight, but I whipped this card up. It actually didn't turn out like I pictured in my head but I guess I like how it turned out. I used the paper piecing technique to do the background, which makes for a quick card. I used the DS Petals & Paisleys paper from the Spring Mini. The measurements fro the 2 pieces on the right are 1 7/8" x 3 1/8". The piece on the left is 2" x 3 7/8". The flowers stamped in the middle are from the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set. I colored directly onto the stamp using my watercolor markers and I put some Stickles over the top of that to give some sparkle. The grosgrain ribbon is turquoise and apricot from SU. The card base is Kraft paper. Oh, and I almost forgot my favorite part...I used my new Giga scalloped square punch for the old olive background. I bought a few of these scalloped punches recently and I love, love, love them. So I'm going to warn you now that you might be seeing a lot of cards using these punches. I also got my goodies that I preordered from the Fall-Winter preview so I will be showing off some of that in the next week.

Well, it's officially a circus around our house. Yep, that's right, good ol' Schwarz and Bailey's circus. We are dogsitting my mom's dog Maggie (or Mammie, as Noah calls her). So we have Noah, Romeo, and Maggie running around here like crazy. Noah has these new moves which we don't quite have a name for yet, but they look like they are out of the world wrestling federation. He runs towards the dogs and basically kamikazee's into them. Romeo can basically hold his own (he's a 60 lb. black lab), but I'm afraid poor little Mammie (a jack russell) is gonna get squished by 33 lb. Noah (Hulk Hogan). However, she may not be so little after spending the week with us. The way Noah has been sneaking food to her she's going to be as big as a house.

I am off tomorrow so as long as Noah takes a good nap I plan on getting in some good stamping time.








No comments: