Sunday, June 10, 2007

Stampin Sunday

Wow, Chris got up with Noah this morning and let me sleep in a little. What a treat that was! I stayed in bed until about 9 and then came into my "sweat shop". I played on the computer for a little bit and now I'm stamping. In celebration of my blog being up for a week I am sharing 2 cards with you today. I don't think the picture does this first card justice. It looks so much prettier in real life. I used my white staz on ink pad to stamp the images onto basic black cs. I colored the images with my SU metallic pencils. After I colored them I took a paper towel and rubbed around the images to give it a bit of a softer look. I also colored the centers of the flowers and some of the bee with gold stickles. Here are the ingredients of this card:
cardstock: basic black, pink passion
ink: staz on white
accessories: metallic pencils, ribbon from Michaels, and gold stickles.


Now for the second card:

I think the girls in this set, Living Large, are adorable. I was sad to see this one on the retired list. All I can think is that they must be coming out with something better. It really took me a little time to come up with the colors for this card. I stamped and colored her first, but then I couldn't figure out what cardstock colors to use. After much debate, I think I am finally happy with how it turned out. I used my watercolor crayons and an aqua painter to color the girl. I colored the flowers in with my Gelly Roll Glaze pens. It gives them a shiny, slighly dimensional look which I know is probably hard to see in the picture. Then I just doodled around the edge of the white cs using my black fine tip pen, by Martha Stewart. Here are the ingredients:
cardstock: gable green, green galore, whisper white, and orange gingham from Michael's
ink: basic black, gable green, wc crayons, gelly roll glaze pens
accessories: buttons from button jar, hemp thread
Well, as I look at my hit counter today I noticed that I am almost at 200 hits. Not bad for one week's worth of work. I think this is cause for a celebration. So be in the lookout this week and I will be posting a small giveaway for you faithful blog readers. A lot of us on the blog circuit like to call it "blog candy". So be on the lookout for more details. Have a restful Sunday and a fantastic week!

No comments: