Thursday, June 28, 2007

Envelope card or gift card holder



So I cannot take credit for the idea of this card. I got this idea from Cambria Turnbow, another SU demo. These are pretty simple, especially if you just needed a quick little note or it could be a gift card holder. Here's how it works:
1.Stamp all over both sides of an envelope.
2.You take the envelope (the invitation size) and fold it in half.
3.Flip it over to the back of the envelope and cut the flap where you folded it. You will now have two flaps.
4. Take the left flap and seal it down.
5. Take the right flap and tuck it into the pocket and seal it down inside the pocket.
6. Make a mini card for the inside. The measurements of mine are 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" for the white part. Then I matted that onto a piece of pale plum that is 1/4" bigger all the way around.
7. I used my round tab punch to make the little tab at the top of the card.
8. Mat the envelope onto a piece of cardstock that is 1/4" bigger all the way around. I used perfect plum.
9. Then tie a ribbon around to close it and voila!
That's my mini tutorial for ya! Hope you enjoyed! Have a great day!

No comments: