Friday, June 15, 2007

It's a long one

Sorry for all of this space at the top...I don't know how to get rid of it!

A long post that is! I have a lot to share with you today. I'm sure your wondering what that little thing is on the right (or maybe your not). Well, we'll get to that in a minute. The card is made using a different fold (can't remember the exact name of this fold). You use a pieced of 8 1/2" by 4 1/4" cardstock for the base. Then you score it at 2 1/8" at each end and fold it toward you. That's it...easy peasy! I used one of the upcoming hostess sets from the new catty, Vases in Vogue. The background paper is DS Petals & Paisleys again. Love that stuff! I colored the vases in with my blender pens and ink pads and popped them up with dimensionals. I colored the flowers with my gelly glaze pens and they look nice & shiny in real life. And that bow...isn't it gorgeous? I have never been a whiz at tying bows. In fact, they usually come out upside down or lopsided or something. It's usually a big production for me to make a bow so I usually resort to just tying knots. Well, that was until I got this super cool gift for my bday from my Aunt Char. It's an adjustable bow maker, which is what that other picture is. You can check it out at this website http://www.thecardladies.com/. It's very easy to use and you can make different sizes. Thanks Aunt Char for such a great gift!


And here is the little munchkin! This was actually taken today. As you can see he's trying to climb the gate at the bottom of the stairs. This kid is a serious climber. He thinks he needs to climb on everything and jump off. I swear, the kid has no fear, which is good in a way but also dangerous. I tell ya, he's developing quite the little personality these days. He's quite full of himself and repeats everything you say. Boy, we really have to watch it. He's my little angel though. We are so very blessed to have him.




And last, here is Maggie (left) and Romeo (right). Romeo is our BIG
baby. I'm not kidding either. This dog is the funniest dog I think I've ever seen. He's a lab/pit bull mix that Chris surprised me with for my bday 3 years ago. He is sooooo pathetic. If he's not getting enough attention he'll put his head on the foot stool and bat his big brown eyes and just stare at us until we give him some love. Or he tries to hop his 60lb self onto the couch while we are on it like he's a lap dog. He thinks he's Maggie's size. Maggie is my baby sister...LOL! This is my mom's dog and I'm posting this picture for my mom to see. We are dogsitting her while my parents are on vacation. I know my mom has been reading my blog so I thought I'd post a picture of Mags for her to see. I know she misses her because she only calls here about 20 times a day. She acts like she's calling to talk to me but I know she's secretly just calling to find out how Maggie is doing. Anyway, Maggie on the other hand thinks she is Romeo's size. I guess that's the Jack Russell mentality. These two (Ro-Ro & Mammie, as Noah calls them) are quite a pair. As a matter of fact, as I was upstairs stamping tonight I decided to go downstairs to get a drink. Well, wouldn't you know it, these two are camped out on the couch. Just making themselves right at home. She was hogging all of the blanket too. Well, I guess that's it for today. Hope ya'll have a great weekend.

No comments: