Sunday, July 1, 2007

Cool color combo

I am really enjoying the new In Colors. There are so many different combos you can make with these. I think this is one of my favorite cards that I've made lately. The stamp set is double line doodles, which is in the new catalog. I got it for free when I went to Stampin' Up regionals in Tampa...one of the wonderful perks of being a demo (free stamps)! Anyway, back to the card. The color combination is soft sky, blue bayou, and wil wasabi. The soft sky paper on the base of the card is from the designer paper series. I stamped on the blue bayou base with one of the flowers in whisper white craft pad and clear embossed. For the main image, I stamped the stems in wild wasabi and colored with a blender pen and ink pad. The flowers are stamped with soft sky and blue bayou and colored with blender pen and ink pads. I outlined the flowers with a glitter pen, which is hard to tell in the pictures. Then I used some cute little rhinestone gems for the centers of the flowers. These are self-adhesive and are made by Amuse. I bought mine from http://www.ellenhutson.com. They come in different colors and sizes and are easy to use. And to finish off the card I stamped my greeting on a silver metal tag and tied with a green ribbon. This was such a fun card to make.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Ours was pretty low key. Noah had gym class yesterday, which is great because when he comes home he is soooo ready for a nap. Then I spent yesterday afternoon cleaning and organizing my office/stamp room. Today we just relaxed at home and I put lots of stamping time in. Thanks for checking in.

No comments: