Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm back

Did you miss me? I've been MIA lately so I'm sorry I haven't posted much. Last week was hectic and I went out of town on Thursday and just got back last night. It is so good to be home.


So I have two treats for you today. This first card was one that we did at my workshop last weekend. This is using the Garden Whimsy stamp set and the Jumbo Whimsy wheel. These look so cute together and I LOVE the Garden Whimsy because you don't have to color it. I used Almost Amethyst for the card base and Bashful Blue for the bottom of the card where I used the wheel. I really like these Jumbo wheels. I didn't think I'd like them at first. I purchased my first one a few months ago and now I'm hooked. They are so quick and easy to use. If you get stuck on a card it always seems that the wheels give that extra added touch. I also used real red and whisper white cardstock. Ink colors are real red and bashful blue. I used silver brads in all four corners of the main image and some grosgrain ribbon for the final touch. Quick and easy!!


This second card was also one we made at my workshop. I totally CASE'd it (Copy and Share Everything) from pg. 21 from the catalog. A perfect example of how you can get ideas from the catalog. I basically copied the layout and changed the colors and stamp set. The stamp set is Summer by the Sea. Colors are blue bayou, soft sky, and wild wasabi. I love that color combo! I used my basic brown stamp pad to stamp the main image. I used a blender pen to outline the dress and to color in the grass and flowers. The circle was cut using my coluzzle. And don't you just love the new double stiched ribbon. It is so pretty in person! I ordered some of the other colors so I will be excited to try them out.
Most of my workshop order is supposed to be here on Wednesday so I will get to play with some new stuff! Yippee!! Whenever Mr. Brown delivers an order it feels like Christmas....so exciting! Well, hopefully I will have a chance to post more this week than I did last week. I have to get back into the stamping groove! I haven't stamped in a week. I'm going through withdrawals! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: