Monday, July 2, 2007

Altered frame

Good morning stampers! So here's something a little different. I've been wanting to alter one of these frames for awhile and I finally got around to it. This is just a wood frame that I bought at Michael's for $1, I think. I used some retired SU paper and used decopauge to adhered it to the frame. I put 2 coats over the top to seal it. I put the apricot ribbon on with sticky strip. I tied the blue ribbon in knots and adhered them with glue dots. The flower and the letter are both chipboard. I used patterned paper to cover the flower and used a rhinestone brad for the center. I covered the letters in so saffron craft ink. I used irredescent ice embossing powder to emboss, which gave it the sparkly look. The letters are glued on with craft glue. I'm not sure what I will do with the frame. It matches the colors of my family room so maybe I'll put it there.

I sure am tired. We stayed up a little late last night watching a movie. We watched Blood Diamond with Leonardo Dicaprio. It was very disturbing to me. I had a hard time watching some of the scenes, not because some of it was gory. I think it was because I know that this stuff really happens. If your not familiar with the movie, it's about the diamond mines in Africa and how they are killing each other over there for the diamonds and training young children to be killers. I won't give the movie away if you haven't seen it, but the one thing it said at the end is that if you are buying diamonds it is up to you to find out if they are conflict free diamonds.

Well, enough of that. I am off today so I'll be hanging out with the big guy. We will probably go to the gym so he can play. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

No comments: