Thursday, July 5, 2007

"Big Fix It" and "Little Fix It"

I hope everyone had a happy 4th! We spent the day relaxing at the house. Noah played outside in his pool before the storms started to roll in. Mimi and Granddaddy came over for burgers and fries and Mr. Fix It had a few projects to work on so I couldn't resist sharing these pictures with everyone. My dad is Mr. Fix It. Yes, he can fix just about anything. You name it, he has probably figured out a way to fix it. He is the family handyman. It seems that things are getting put into the "shop" weekly for him to work on. Well, our dining room table has had a problem for quite awhile. It has been a bit wobbly, okay so more than a bit. You couldn't even sit at it and eat without it rocking back and forth. So everytime my dad would come over he would comment that he needed to fix it. So this was one of his projects yesterday. And of course, he had a little helper..."Little Fix it". It was hilarious to watch him take it all in. He was very curious about every move that "Big Fix it" made. He even got out his Little Tikes tools and "shared" them with "Big Fix it" in case he needed more advanced tools than what he had to work with. Notice in the picture how "Little Fix it" is reaching for his bright orange wrench.

In this next picture, take a close look at "Little Fix it". He appears to be making some precise measurements and following up on "Big Fix it's" work. I think he is double checking to make sure the leg is attached securely enough. I wonder if "Big Fix it's" work was up to par according to "Little Fix it's" standards??





It appears that all went well because "Little Fix it" proceeded to play in mommy's shoes. He has a thing for shoes, I tell ya. After all was said and done I think he put his stamp of approval on the job. We now have a table that doesn't feel like it's going to fall over at any minute. This is a good thing considering I have a stampin' party next weekend and I'd be in trouble without my table.






This last picture was just taken today. This is my little cookie monster. We went by my old office today to drop off some stamping stuff for some of the gals. One of the secretaries gave him some oreo cookies for the ride home and this is what he looked like after the fact. He was talking about those cookies all afternoon! This kid is a piece of work! I hope you enjoyed my little story. Sorry no card for you today. I had a card for you, but apparently I never took a picture of it. I went to look for it on my computer and it wasn't there. So I will hopefully take a picture of it tomorrow. Thanks for reading and don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you can get email updates. That way you don't have to check back all of the time if I haven't posted anything. As always, happy stamping!

No comments: