Thursday, August 2, 2007

What a week!

Well, it's been quite a week here at the Schwarz household. Noah started running a fever last weekend and I ended up taking him to the dr. earlier this week. Turns out they said he had a virus and we just had to wait it out. They said he would probably break out in a rash after he breaks the fever and sure enough...he did. He was also having night terros when he was running the fevers which was a scary thing. He's feeling much better now but he still has the rash. However, Chris started getting sick Tuesday night and he's been home sick for the past 2 days. Poor guy, he never gets sick.


So, since I've been neglecting you all this week I decided I'd post 2 cards for you. I was finally able to stamp today. Noah has been sleeping for over 3 hours so I took advantage of my time. About the card...this is what they call a tent topper card. You cut the card base to 8 1/2" x 4 1/4", then score it at 4 1/4". You will have a 4 1/4" sqaure for the base. Then you make your main image whatever size you want but when you adhere it to the base try to make the total height of the card 5 1/2", which is the normal size of your cards. So here is the recipe for this card:


Stamps: Garden Whimsy, Whimsy wheel, Everyday Flexible Phrases

Ink: Brocade Blue, Buckaroo Blue, Summer Sun, Old Olive

Cardstock: Marigold Morning, Buckaroo Blue, Whisper White

Accessories: Mustard/Gold ribbon from Michael's, stickles, stampin dimensionals


I'm still not sure if I like this card or not. It is not quite what I pictured in my head but I think it is growing on me. I used chipboard and designer paper to make the petals. The chipboard is the On Board Blossoms & Basics and the paper is the Almost Amethyst Prints paper. I used decopauge to glue the paper to the chipboard. The center of the flower is stamped with the Pick a Petal set. The stem is stamped with Stem Sayings and I used double stiched wild wasabi ribbon for the "leaves".


Stamps: Pick A Petal, Stem Sayings


Ink: Wild Wasabi, Almost Amethyst, Rose Red


Accessories: Chipboard, wild wasabi double stiched ribbon

Well, it sounds like Noah is waking up so I better go get him. Thanks for stopping by. I'll post more tomorrow.

Happy Stamping!














No comments: