Tuesday, July 24, 2007

More workshop cards

So I have some more cards to share from my workshop. The first card is one that I demonstrated. I used the glossy cardstock for the main image and did the crayon resist technique. You can do this by stamping your image in Basic Black and let it sit for a few minutes to dry. Then take a regular white crayon (not a watercolor crayon) and trace around the image where you want the white to show. Then take a stamping sponge in the colors you choose and rub it around the card. On this card I used purely pomegranate and wild wasabi. After you are done appyling the color you take a paper towel or soft terry cloth and rub over the top. This will wipe the waxy part of the crayon off and resist the ink that you rubbed on. Hopefully, this all makes sense. If it doesn't then let me know and I can explain it more in depth.
This next card was one the make and takes. Cardstock colors are Certainly celery, always artichoke, and pumkin pie. The stamp set is Double Line Doodles and Stem Sayings. I stamped the heart/flower image twice on whisper white. I punched one of them out with the scallop punch and the other one out with the 1 3/8" cirlce punch and popped it up with dimensionals. We sponged the edge of the scallop with always artichoke ink to soften the edges. We used dazzling diamonds to highlight the heart. We also used the paper piercer on the always artichoke strip, which is hard to see in the picture.
I hope to get more stamping in this week. I've been really tired lately and haven't felt like stamping much. Tomorrow my new goodies arrive so I hope to play a little.
As always, thanks for checking in! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer! Florida's heat is ridiculous but Noah and I try to get out in the morning before it gets too hot.

No comments: